We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to manage the designs of current parts and sewing machine production. In addition the position will have responsibility to develop new designs for our sewing machines and automated attachments. and include the review of existing products for enhancement and cost reduction, testing and analysis as well as ongoing quality and reliability improvements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Daily activities include, but not limited to, managing quality control, communicating with manufactures, transcribing prints to 3D CAD, enhancing and developing new designs
- Manage the review of new production processes and the verification of drawing translation (from print to CAD)
- Create, analyze, and implement new mechanical design concepts for sewing machines
- Make recommendations for improvement of existing mechanical designs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all members of the Merrow team including members of executive staff, accounting and marketing.
- Establish work standards that are aligned with Merrow's corporate culture, vision, and values. Adhere to company standards for personal honesty, integrity, trust, respect and accountability. Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Merrow policies
5+yrs of successful mechanical design and development experience.
Proven and documented track record of actively managing production processes
- An understanding of machining process, metals, heat treatment techniques and surface coatings
- Detail-oriented, innovative self-starter and team player with excellent communications, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Basic machine shop and prototyping skills.
BSME degree is required
The Company offers a competitive total compensation program including base salary and an attractive and competitive benefit program.
"We manufacture the world's best sewing machines, and are likely the textile industry's most creative and exciting manufacturing company. Our team is talented, and we work in an equally unique 30,000sq. foot loft space in Fall River. We are looking for the most talented, fun, and thoughtful people to join our team; if you fit that bill, then apply today."
-Charlie Merrow, CEO
Pies, Dogs, Bikes, and Stitches....
173 Years in business
Located close to Providence and Boston